Hi,

I have been following the conversations for some time and now have a query
to ask.

Could anyone provide me with more information on the authority requirements
to be able to substantiate or legitimise the issuing of Notices requiring
information to be provided under this section.

Is it a mechanism that can be used by any organisation in their efforts to
prevent fraud?
Must the organisation have a statutory duty in relation to the items in
Section 29  1 a,b,c?
Is it relevant to use only by Police and agencies etc?

I am aware supply any replies are not mandatory unless accompanied by a
Court Order.

I am researching the powers of a Benefits section of a local authority to
obtain information.

Any information would be welcome.

Thanks
Roger.

It is intended solely for the addressee.  Unless expressly authorised in
writing, disclosure, copying, distribution and retention, in part or in
whole, of this email is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Wokingham District Council cannot guarantee that any files attached to this
e-mail are free from viruses or any other program code that may be harmful
to your computer, and, as such, is not liable for any damage that may be
caused as a result.

Please delete this e-mail if it is not intended for you.