From: Csaba Polony [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2000 3:42 PM
To: AK Press, S.F.
Subject: Left Curve no.24

Sorry to send this again but forgot to include to include our URL (!)

http://www.ncal.verio.com/~leftcurv

Dear Friends,
This message is to let you know that we have updated our web site to
include material from our new issue (#24). Please have a look and let us
know what you think.

Copies of the print version can be ordered for $10, send check to: Left
Curve, POBox 472, Oakland, CA 94604.

Thank you for your time.

Csaba Polony (ed.)
LEFT CURVE no. 24.
CONTENTS

Editorial

P. J. Laska: Revisioning the Millenium: Counter-Ideological Reflections on
Modernity, Anthropology and Utopia

Special Section on the Kosov@ War:

     Poetry: Anna Lombardo, Mariella Setzu, Michael Wendling , B. Z.
Niditch, Agneta Falk;

     Kosovar Albanian Poems: Diana Latiqi, Shefqet Cakolli, Atulla Kasumi,
Fatmir Zenuni,
     Ismet Lajqi. (Translated by Leonard Fox and Jack Hirschman)

     On the Kosovo War, Subcommandante Marcos

     The Art War Project International (posters), Art Rat Group, Belgrade

     Post-Kosovo War Prose Poems, Chad Faries

     Pauline Craig: The Silence of Horace Edward Kelly (poem)

     The Collage Art of Theodore A. Harris, with text by Amiri Baraka

     Stephen Hartnett: About the Same As Commercial Fishing (poem)

     Jon Hillson: The Bronx Street Crimes Unit Bags A Suspect (poem)

     Rebecca Wright: Drinking Problems: Soft Focus History in the Irish
Theme Pub

     Des McGuinness: Popular Culture and the Dublin Working Class

     E. San Juan, Jr.: From Chinatown to Gunga Din Highway: Reflections on
Frank Chin and the
     Representation of Chinese America

     Stan Goff: Our Next Vietnam

     Poetry of Ashley Chambers

     John Sheridan: Signs of Passion - Political Art of Protest at KPFA

     Mel Clay: 1915 Goodbye, Yankee Clipper 1999

     Artslink Collaborative Project: Globalization & Cultural Nationalism in
Central-East Europe:
     the³nationalist/urbanist debate² in Hungary:

     Bálint Szombathy: Nationalist/Urbanist, Local/Non-Local

     Csaba Polony: Remarks on the populist/urbanist debate in the arts in
Hungary

     Two Hungarian Poets: Lajos Parti Nagy; András Ferenc Kovács

      Michael Eldred: Capital and Technology: Marx and Heidegger

      Martin Heidegger: Imaginings (poems), translated by Jack Hirschman

      Jack Hirschman: The Urderground Arcane (poem)

       Poems: WE, Robert Anbian; Black Stone, Bruno Gulli; Antonin, Sergio
Iagulli; The Future,
       Sharon Schaller.