Hi All,

I'm doing my PhD on supporting social business networking virtually (that is, meeting people with whom you might do business, over the Internet). In particular I am looking at using CSCW tools to help people initiate relationships with others, from different geographical locations and different companies.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any literature on the use of CSCW tools to support inter-organisational networking, or in fact of any literature on 'virtual' networking at all. When I started my PhD (1996!!) I found a lot of research on meeting people from within organisations, such as on supporting unplanned interactions, but nothing on inter-organisational networking.

As I am myself fairly isolated from the CSCW community, being the only researcher in my department looking at such issues. I would be very grateful for any suggestions or advice on this area.

Cheers,

Jacki

Jacki O'Neill
GEMISIS 2000 Doctoral Researcher,
Rm. 2,  Maxwell Hall,
University of Salford,
Salford,
M6 6PU
Tel: 0161 295 5491
email: [log in to unmask]
You can't have everything, where would you put it?