Goeran Klose wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a way to link MPI libraries with object code generated by
> the Fujitsu/Lahey F95 compiler under Linux (i386). Unfortunately, the linker
> (Fujitsu F95) does not recognize the MPI standard routines provided by the
> library.
>
> Does anybody know a workaround ?
>
> Goeran

Which MPI library are you using?  LAM, MPICH, something else?  I've used Lahey with
LAM with no problem.  MPICH is a little harder because of their use of command line
arguments to spawn the processes, and I have had to monkey with the configuration
parameters to build a library I can link from several Fortran 90 compilers, but it
can be done.  Also, are you sure you're linking in all the necessary MPI libraries?

I suspect that Nils's suggestion that checking that the name manglings agree will
solve the problem.  IIRC, by default Lahey appends an underscore, but if the MPI
libraries were built for g77 (usually the default) then procedure names that contain
an underscore (i.e. all MPI routines which begin with mpi_) will have two underscores
appended.  When I build an MPI library I always look for a configuration parameter
to keep it at a single underscore.

--
William F. Mitchell
Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division