Iowa State University has a 64 machine cluster (ALICE) made up of
Pentium Pro machines.  As far as
I know, those machines are dual processor machines (If that is what you
mean by dual processor
boxes).  MPICH is installed on that cluster and they also have PGI
Fortran90 available..  I did
try out Lahey Fujitsu Fortran on it for evaluation and it worked fine
and faster than PGF90.  The
machines are interconnected through 100mbits/s fast ethernet cards.  I
got very good scaling out of the
cluster but most of it comes from algorithm though.  One thing I heard
from the ALICE people is that
they had some stability problems when both processors were put into
service.  They preferred using
kernels utilizing only one processor out of the two processors on the
machines.

--
Feyzi INANC

Iowa State University,  Center for Nondestructive Evaluation
Applied Sciences Complex II, 1915 Scholl Road, Ames IA 50011

Ph. (515) 294 9738  Fax. (515) 294 7771
E-Mail. [log in to unmask]
http://www.cnde.iastate.edu