Jaiyong Lee wrote:

> I am trying F on SGI/IRIX64. However, a problem occurs when F links object
> code to create an executable.  It complains libslatec.a is a 64bit while the
> linker is using 32bit C library.  I think somehow I have to pass '-64' (
> Mips compiler option for 64bit ) to linker.  Do you know how to do this.
> Also, is there anyone how to keep F generated temporary C files ?  When I
> had a chance to grab a F generated C code on Intel/Linux and used bunch of
> gcc's optimization option, it produce a significantly faster executable. For
> example, one of my code generated by F is about 10% faster than one by Lahey
> FORTRAN 95 (Linux version) and F/GCC combination gives another 10% speed up.
> So, if I know either how to pass C compiler option or how to keep F
> generated C file, it will be beneficial.

One of the options on our next version will allow you to
keep the intermediate C code (-S).  However, I think you
then need to compiler with the F command (not gcc) in order
to get the right environment.  Again, this doesn't help
you any right now.

Walt Brainerd               [log in to unmask]
Imagine1, Inc.              +1-520-733-1004
7660 E. Broadway, Suite 308        298-7074 (fax)
Tucson, AZ 85710 USA        http://www.uni-comp.com/imagine1