> Does anybody know a siutable debugging tool for 'malloc' - errors ???
> (especially for DIGITAL Unix...)

I'm not sure about Digital Unix, but ElectricFence is available for most
Unix platforms. Do a web search for efence or ElectricFence. It places
a write-protected page before and after each malloc'ed entity, so you
get a segmentation fault immediately when you overwrite array bounds,
and any debugger will show you the offending statement.

This being a Fortran list, I would assume that on Unix, internally the
Fortran and C compilers use the same malloc, so it probably works for
Fortran allocate as well.

HTH,

  Herbert