I wish to call a C function in a vendor library (i.e I can't change the
C side of the process). The function requires a character array of the C
form char **string.

What Fortran structures do I need to do this?

Because I cannot modify the C function, I think will need to use some
form of TRANSFER or (horrors!) EQUIVALENCE to pass the string array as
an INTEGER*1 array.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? If there is an FAQ referring to this
perhaps somebody could point me in the right direction.

(I am using LF95 on a Wintel platform, but I would like to make the code
compiler-independent if possible).

TIA,

Graham Kipp
Principal Engineer, Reliability and Market Models
VENCorp

Email:     [log in to unmask]
Phone:     (613) 9481 9296
Mobile:     0418 610 898