Hello,

I'm new to the list, so this question may have been discussed before, but I
couldn't find any subject lines in the archives of the last few months that
looked relevant.

Can you give me compelling reasons to use to convince our management and the
other developers here to take the time to convert more than 200,000 lines of
existing code to Fortran 90?

The main advantage I see is memory allocation.  Next would be elimination of
include files and common blocks in favor of modules.

The advantages have to outweigh the time and effort to convert the code, as
well as portability and performance issues.  It is my impression, from a
previous job, that Fortran 90 compilers are not all as mature as they should
be.  We develop our software on PCs, but must port to various UNIX
platforms.

Thanks in advance,

Andy Leonard

Andy Leonard