I've been reading the recent postings with interest but now I have a more
practical question. I am considering purchasing several alpha systems for
our group, to run some compute intensive codes (our first alphas).
Specmarks aside what are the real-world differences in speed for Alphas
running linux .v. Tru64? We already have linux machines which would make
them easier to administer, but the codes we would use are long running so
execution time is an issue (cost no object .. well not much 8-). Is there a
difference between the f90 compilers on the 2 OSes?

 Thanks

         Glenn

--
Dr. Glenn Carver, Senior Research Associate,
Centre for Atmospheric Science, Chemistry Dept., Cambridge University, UK

              "I never think of the future, it comes soon enough"
                   - Albert Einstein