A while ago I mentioned that Fortran 90 on an IBM SP gave an internal
compiler error when attempting to compile a program I had.  I am making
available a simple test program, derived from the original 'problem
program', so people can try it out if they like.  (It is an odd-looking
code with a jump out of a DO loop as well as an infinite loop and it turns
out there was a bug in the original program.  Compilers are usually
expected to come up with sensible error messages though, instead of just
giving up in exasperation...)
Compile it with 'xlf -qsmp=omp -c intcomperr.f' to get the internal
compiler error:

** intcomperr === End of Compilation 1 ===
1586-494 (U) INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: Signal 11.
1501-511  Compilation failed for file intcomperr.f.

It will successfully compile with 'xlf -c intcomperr.f'.  The IBM SP had
IBM XL Fortran version 7.1.0.1 installed and AIX version 4.3,
William Nicholson

Source code:

        program intcomperr
        implicit none