Hello mailbase members in the Caribbean,

Sorry to interupt the fascinating Claude McKay strand. It has prompted me to ask for contact names and addresses of people living and working in the Caribbean who might be interested in presenting their work to the 25th Society for Caribbean Studies conference in July 2001, Nottingham University UK (details to follow) . We have a travel and conference fee Bursary which has been set up to honour the memory of the late Bridget Jones. Arts practitioners/scholars/postgraduates are eligible to apply. Full details are on the SCS website at http://www.scsonline.freeserve.co.uk/carib.htm
 If any of you have contacts that I could send flyers to in order to publicise the Bursary then I would be most grateful. Or, of course, if any of you would like to apply. The deadline for proposals is January 15th 2001.

Best wishes,

Sandra

Dr Sandra Courtman
Department of English