It would seem that Israel's military withdrawal from southern Lebanon forms part of a strategy to, among other things, undermine Syria diplomatically. Now that Israel has withdrawn from Lebanon Barak, in negotiating with Syria over the Golan, can make any agreement for its withdrawal from Golan conditional on the withdrawal of Syria from Lebanon.

Warm regards
George Pennefather

Be free to check out our Communist Think-Tank web site at
http://homepage.eircom.net/~beprepared/

Be free to subscribe to our Communist Think-Tank mailing community by
simply placing subscribe in the body of the message at the following address:
mailto:[log in to unmask]