                   POST KEYNESIAN ECONOMICS STUDY GROUP
                          MICROECONOMICS SEMINAR

                             January 28, 2000

                      Time:  2.00 p.m. to 6.15 p.m.
                      Place:  South Bank University, London
                      Building:  London Road Building
                                 Business School
                      Room:  A10

2.00-2.45 Alfredo Saad Filho (South Bank University), "Radical Theories of
          Inflation:  A preliminary survey"

2.45-3.30 Ashley Carreras (Kingston University), "I intend that we J; We intend
          that we J; I intend that you J:  The paradox of voting and other
          problems in the rationality of collective action"

3.30-4.00 Tea/Juice Break

4.00-4.45 Penny Hawkins (University of Stirling), "Money and Financial
          Vulnerability in the Small Open Economy"

4.45-5.30 Murray Glickman (University of East London), "Seeking Explanations not
          Preserving Theorems:  Corporate financing gearing, confidence and the
          pecking order hypothesis"

5.30-6.15 Andrew Trigg (Open University), "Sraffa, Keynes and Pasinetti's
          Pure Production Model"

6.15-???? Retire to pub (chosen by Alfredo) for further discussion and drinks

Directions:  The London Road Building is on London Road, between St. George's
     Circus and the Elephant and Castle.  The building is two minutes' walk
     from Elephant and Castle Bakerloo Line Station, and six minutes' walk
     from Elephant and Castle Northern Line (Bank branch).  From the Waterloo
     and Waterloo East rail stations, walk south on Waterloo Road.  It is a
     12 minute walk; or you can take a bus (1, 68, 176, 177, 188) which stops
     right by the London Road Building.  From central London (Kings X, Russell
     Square, Holborn, Aldwych, Trafalgar Square, Charing X, Centre Point),
     East London (Greenwich), and South London (Dulwich) take buses 12, 45,
     53, 63, 141, 177X, 184, and 344; they also stop by the London Road
     Building.  In general, any bus going to Elephant and Castle or Waterloo
     train stations should do.  Alfredo will have posted flyers to help you
     find the room.

Expenses:  Travel expenses for graduate students may be reimbursed.

                           Fred Lee