Dear Gregory,

There has been some debate on the issue of this collective letter
about MR on another mailing list which I belong to.  Personally, I
agree with the position expressed by one comrade, that I do not
know anything about the situation at MR, and I am therefore not
prepared to sign this letter.

To expand on this a bit, I think it is frankly something of an insult to
my intelligence, to expect me to sign a letter which contains no
information about the exact reasons for the supposed moves to
remove Ellen Meiksins-Wood.  The letter even starts with a
statement that implies that this move is only "reported".  If and
when the writer of this letter can provide (a) bona fide evidence that
such a move is being undertaken, (b) the actual "charges" against
the comrade, and (c) a rebuttal of such charges, then I might
consider signing.  But I do NOT sign letters just because they have
been signed by "Chomsky, Brenner, Aijiz Ahmad" or whomsoever!!

Sincerely,

Hugo Radice
Hugo Radice
Senior Lecturer in International Political Economy,
Institute for Politics and International Studies,
University of Leeds,
Leeds LS2 9JT, UK.
tel: 44-113-233-4507
fax: 44-113-233-4400