I am putting my side of the verbal abuse I have received in public from
Steve Duffy. I tell you that now so that you can skip it if you wish.

Immediately below is a summary...

I received Mr Duffy's posting (A - header only, as it is largely repeated
below) a few minutes before he published it, but as a back-channel posting.
I had signed off britpo by then and did not know he had published it.

I replied (B), almost immediately and constructively I thought, and I was
disappointed by his reply (C). I replied to that (D) and have received *no
reply.

On receipt today of the digest for yesterday, I found that he had published.
What had been an oddity is now seen as active defamation, for whatever
reason.

I have tried to deal with this b-c, at Mr Duffy's apparent instigation; and
that hasn't worked: he dismisses my attempt as a game.

It may be that Mr Duffy is more busy as Mr O'Brien and therefore completely
unable to explain his attack upon me. If so, perhaps he should work less
hard. With a lighter work load, he might come to see that I have no interest
in him; and, if he desists from calling me nasty etc, I shall revert to
neither thinking nor speaking of him - personally, at a guess, I would
prefer that to the explanation I have requested.

If he does not mention me here, I shall reciprocate. If it could be reduced
to back-channel abuse then I could filter him out or take it up with his
ISP.

(A)