As a sort of response to Dave Lovely's fore/four pack: yeah, I keep
struggling with Prynne. But I've found it quite useful to read the work
aloud to myself, to try to find a voice for it. Parts of 'Kitchen Poems' for
example seem to _work_ quite well in a tone of amused condescension but I
don't know if this is what is _intended_. Perhaps the Prynnologists
or -philes amongst us can shed light or cast aspersions on this suggestion?
(Or maybe my perception of comedy is because I've just been unduly
influenced by someone telling me at the Salford conference 'Of course the
thing they never tell you about him is that he looks like John Cleese'?!)
cheers
David