Warning: contains philosophy.  Delete and move on if so desired.
Apologies
to poets.

Keston has produced a substantial explanation of his notion of
'totality'.

The following main principle has been asseverated:

I.  It is only possible to connect (in thought or expression) two
objects, because the meaning of each derives from the group (or
'entirety')
in which they 'participate'.

This is re-stated in slightly different form as:

I'. It is only possible meaningfully to connect (in thought or
expression)
two objects, because the group in which they participate is a source of
possible meaning.

Additionally, we have:

II. A group can only have meaning itself and serve as the guarantor of
meaning for its participants insofar as it participates in another,
different group.

It is concluded that:

III. Since objects can indeed be meaningfully connected in poetry (and
other
usage), there must exist a (groupwise) 'transcendental' entity, in which
all
groups participate directly or indirectly, which we shall call the
_totality_
T.

T might thus be said to be _autosemantic_.  T also is said to have
other,
more exotic, properties:  it is the "imaginative forestage to the
possibility of new global ethics".

So we have postulated an ontology of 'objects' and 'groups' of objects,
with a
semantically primitive relation of 'participation', which may relate
either
object to object or object to group.  The meaning of objects, groups, or

object/object relations is determined by and explained by their
participation in some group, and ultimately by their participation in T.

Please let me know, Keston, if I have misunderstood.  These assertions
are
neither immediately obvious nor unambiguous as they stand, owing to
ambiguities in the ordinary usage of the key terms, notably 'meaning'
and
'participation'.  Senses of 'meaning' like (Fregean) 'sense','
reference',
'intention', 'usage', 'point' or 'role' should be distinguished and the
intended
ones indicated.  Your mention of the fish/tuna distinction seems to be
beside the point, as the participation relation you are aiming at does
not
seem to be 'is a kind of'.  Rather it looks like an essentially social
one
(i.e. one requiring social actors).  The only things we know about
'participation' so far are that it is a transitive relation and
presumably
social.  Can you say a little more to throw some more light on this?