I've stayed out of this discussion so far since my conception
of philosophy is pretty far from that of a Hegelian Marxist
(though not so far from the Marxism of G. A. Cohen,
who, I am inclined to guess, has done more to _clarify_
Marx's thought than any other human being, clarity not
being what Hegel and his epigones have most assiduously
cultivated), but since wider contribution has been
solicited...

1. Does the notion of totality being courted here mean
anything more than "the world is everything that is the case"?
Perhaps with a restriction to what is the case economically
and politically, since these are taken to be the only things
that matter ontologically, causally and ethically?

2. It has been suggested by egg via Ben Watson that
"By seeing everything in relation to everything else,
things move".  _Everything_??  So my eyelash colour
should be seen as related to the publication date of
Goedel's second incompletenesss theorem?  And how
does this putative holistic vision make anything move?
I think I've read something recently discussing Jameson
mooting that the more accurately you describe the
Totality, the more likely you are to be a prisoner of
despair, since its very 'totality' would seem to preclude
change.

3. What makes poetry specially able to grapple with this
titan?  Why aren't something like Zola's novels or
'Gravity's Rainbow' a better artistic medium for that?
(Not endorsing the latter view, just confused here.)

4. Keston has suggested that Pound, Prynne and
Wordsworth are somehow exemplary in facing up to the
Total Poetry Challenge, or something like that.  I can
understand Pound and Prynne here, I think, but why
Wordsworth?  Is The Prelude the poem to think of here?

Waiting for the arrows goodhumouredly,
ht