My first response to Geraldine was "strange expression, Geraldine - she's
attentive. I'd listen to her, believing there to be something there. Whether
it is as she says it is another matter but I would not wish just to dismiss
what she says is all I meant... or what I meant. Credence isnt really the
right word; but give me time - I'm male"
but I have just discovered that it didn't transmit. I don't know why. I
won't argue. Do not obstruct Gates. By that time I had written:

Well, I was going to tell you. But that seems to have vanished. Ah me.

Briefly...

She may well have been fed up with the morons who shouted at her followed by
the moron who justified them.

She must have had similar experiences before and will again, but that's not
the point. The idea, espoused by some, that such experiences are good for a
performer seems daft to me.

Then there is the reported suggestion that she should turn up her volume -
well that would drive anyone barmy

The theory "Theyre men" is inadequate; but I am inclined to think there was
something going on.

We don't always know how to listen. The difficulty is knowing how to know
when you don't know.

The other problem is using "gender" to mean a set of 2 states, male and
female - or rather thinking there are just 2 states

at Sub Voicive Poetry
19th May 8 p.m.+  Bill Griffiths
20th May 10 a.m.+ 4th Sub Voicive Colloquium
30th May 8 p.m. + Robert Hampson
see website for details -
http://matrix.crosswinds.net/members/~subvoicivepoetry