"Can any list members help with the following statements?

I did not go to the event therefore it is elitist.

I do not like spinach therefore I take it personally when anyone talks about
it.

Confused of Sheffield"

H'm. Well as for spinach I have no strong feelings for it either way, like
fox-hunting, all I know of it is as a rather metallic-tasting green stuff
that Popeye got a lot out of.

As for non-attended events being 'elitist', well, apart from yourself David
I don't know who's said that. My bother was about the disjunct and
non-associational threads of language that seemed to some out of there,
words that seemed to hang in a 'no-space' of colonial remove, floating free
as capital or city centre architecture without awareness of humanity its
never-ending plea for context. The 'architecture' metaphor just brought
things literally home to me, crushingly. As did where I live being talked
about as if it were a non-human space. I mean, that -was- personal. But I'm
not writing this in anger or in anyway desiring to be confrontational. To my
mind disagreement can be profoundly creative. But I do think some of the
comments thrown at Tim Allen were OTT, no wonder he's steaming.

Any help this?

david bircumshaw