Enter, stage left, Tim Allen, ambulance chaser of other peoples' disputes.

 "Sorry if I am a bit late with the cavalry "
Presumably as in Charge of the Light Brigade. As in big bold but totally
redundant and misinformed intervention.

"David picked up on an aspect of the conference that would probably not be
picked up by someone who attended the conference any more than it would by
someone who never attended because they had no interest."

Er actually no he didn't. There was discussion/questioning about whether it
was possible to borrow ideas from other disciplines without taking on board
everything implied by and in those ideas. Karen Mc Cormack, Charles
Bernstein, Steve McCaffrey are, it seems to me as someone still relatively
new to their poetries, hyper-scrupulous about the implications of everything
they do and say and write and read. Indeed, that is partly why they write as
they do. They are not engaged in some species of high-minded postmodern
intellectual shopping - they are engaged in highly ethical forms of
practice.

But, no doubt, another uncluttered posting is already streaming through the
servers protesting that ethical behaviour is a form of elitism too...

In despair,
David