I find it both good and interesting to have a response to a poem unmediated
by the history of its criticism -- when that response is from someone whose
track record within the context of the current forum is proven.  It leads me
to fresh thinking, re-thinking, amusement, whatever.  I would not, of
course, expect to find this response in an academic publication without the
critical background being acknowledged/examined to some extent.  Different
context to here, where we are much more knock-about, it appears to me.

Leona