Hi Jody

Sorry for my belated response; I just saw your note in my overcrowded
mailbox.

>Isn't it interesting that being compared to Plath ("Plathian mode") still
>invokes, as a first response, the myth that grew up around her life rather
>than her considerable accomplishments as a poet?

Yes, and horribly unfair it is, too.  Though as I was responding to
Erminia's response to my hereandnow, I suppose the biographical seemed
primary.  (I forgave her for Nick and the Candlestick).

In the ideal world of the mind, poems would count more than biographies.
I keep maintaining it's possible to separate them, but is it, really?

Best

Alison