	Writing to agree wholeheartedly with Alan about the richer
variety of poetries in the period from 1975-ish onwards. In fact, in
some way that list posted by Peter Riley a few days back, of musical
diversity, might be approximated by the range of poetic practices
'we' currently have. What I have a sense of is clumps of practitioner
kinships, or to try another one a labyrinth of influences and meeting
points. No, forget all of that let's stick with the rivers and the
seas. There are many many tributaries and overlappings, poolings
etcetera. Some flow runs extremely slow, some passes through in a
quick brightness and is gone. Blah. The rock face has thousands upon
thousands of tiny droplets, each finding their own pathway through
encrusted surface into the pool then on and out into the sea. It must
be the morning sunshine through this attic window. I can almost smell
the salt:)

love and love
cris