	Geraldine, agreed (I think), DThomas had a wondrous head of steam
on him when first he burst upon that silent BBsea, and deserved anyone's
attention---that he received so much from folks with a lot of money (those
american tours) and/or social prestige (Portland Place) helped in his
unravelling I dont doubt he was the poet- puer eternis-archetype bound for
the glory of burnout. His Collected Poems is amazingly slim. The stories
and plays are very funny though whats sentimental sticks out now his voice
once felt grand has followed the children green and golden out of time.
Were he to have come along today where would he peg himself in?

Btw, Geraldine, re yr previous post, I have printed out all your e-mail to
this List and have my children hawking the nooklet thru thre hiways and
byways of Sonoma County. So sue me.

Just kidding,
David