Hi All

At the meeting which we held in Huddersfield a few weeks ago it was agreed
that it would be useful to have a Blackboard "space" somewhere where we
could share documents, post messages in a discussion forum, etc to support
this mailbase list.

I offered to host such a site, and it is currently available on our
Blackboard server, but for reasons of potential access problems, and also
because I don't want this to be seen as a "Huddersfield thing" I contact
Blackboard to see if they would let us have some space on blackboard.com to
host the course.

The response which I got was that they had had similar requests from users
in other European countries and would rather create a European site which is
currently under development (hopefully by the end of this week).

I just thought I would see what everyone else thought as to whether we were
"European" or felt a "UK" site would be more appropriate - and I don't mean
that to be taken in any kind of xenophobic way !!!!

Any feedback via the list would be useful.

Neil

Dr Neil Ringan
Director, Learning Innovation Centre
University of Huddersfield, Queensgate, Huddersfield, HD1 3DH
phone :  +44 1484 47 31 46
fax : +44 1484 47 21 46
email : [log in to unmask]