This advertisment has appeared in the April Society of Archivists Newsletter. If
you are interested please contact me.

SENIOR ARCHIVIST (Part time)
(Scale 6/SO1) £16,719-£19,770
18.5 hours pro rata

Appointment initially to cover maternity leave until Dec 2000
Shropshire  Records  and  Research  Centre,  in the historic town of Shrewsbury,
holds the combined archive and local studies
collec-tions for the county.
You  will  be responsible for co-ordinating cataloguing work across the service,
including   our  major  Heritage  Lottery  funded  project,  ?Shropshire?s  Past
Unfolded?. We are committed to widening access to our resources, and as a member
of the Service?s management team you will be a key contributor to this work.
You  will  need  a  recognised  qualification  in archive administration, with a
minimum  of  3  years experience. Project, financial and staff management skills
are  important,  as  well  as good IT and communications skills. For an informal
discussion phone Mary McKenzie on (01743)
255350. Further details and application forms from: Shropshire Records and
Research Centre, Castle Gates, Shrewsbury, SY1 2AQ. Tel (01743) 255350, Fax
(01743) 255355.
e-mail [log in to unmask]
Closing Date: 20 April 2000,
Interview Date: 3 May 2000

and intended solely for the use of the addressee.  This
communication may contain material protected by law from
being passed on.  If you are not the intended recipient and
have received this email in error, you are advised that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
email in error, please notify the IT Technical Services
Manager at Shropshire County Council, telephone 01743 252131

http://www.shropshire-cc.gov.uk

"Shropshire County Council - at the heart of our community"