-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Andrew Milligan
Sent: 03 March 2000 12:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: Richard Childs
Subject: Re: New DCMS website/MLAC consultation document

3/3/00

I could not agree with Richard Childs more, especially about the link to HMC

Incidentally, although, after the Thames regional meeting with Deborah
Jenkins, there was a flurry of notes about how we should discuss fundamental
matters, not much actual discussion has gone on.

I'm on matenity leave from HMC at the moment and have subscribed to this
listserve to keep in touch.  I may be rather behind everyone else, but am I
alone in being concerned about the emphasis placed in the MLAC consultation
document on access as opposed to preservation and intellectual control?
There seems to be so much stress placed on open access here and now that the
interests of posterity may be being ignored?  I do not know exactly what the
MGC's conservation register consists of, but is it ominous that MLAC does
not intend to continue it?

Rosemary Hayes

(this message will say it comes from Andrew Milligan - my husband - if
anyone knows how to change such headings in emails, I would be greatly for
suggestions off-list!)