With apologies for cross-posting.

As part of its development programme for SPECTRUM, the UK Museum
Documentation Standard, mda is planning to take on an extra member of its
Standards Team. We are looking for expressions of interest from individuals
with a sound understanding of information standards who would be able to
bring their knowledge to bear during this exciting period of development. In
particular we are looking for experience in some of the following areas:

        - Thesaurus construction
        - Use of controlled vocabularies
        - Metadata
        - XML
        - Library and archive standards
        - Data mapping

Candidates should have an awareness of SPECTRUM and an interest in museums
and the cultural sector. A contract will be awarded initially for a 12 month
period and secondments will be considered where appropriate.

Please email or call for a chat if you are interested in working with mda.

Dr Matthew Stiff
Head of Standards
mda, 19 Riverside Road, Oxford, OX2 0HT
Tel:      +44 (0)1865 200561