**Apologies for cross-posting**

Announcing Launch of the MAGiC Website and Holdings Survey

**Please circulate widely to interested parties**

The MAGiC project (Managing Access to Grey Literature Collections) is
pleased to announce the launch of its website at http://www.magic.ac.uk. The
aim of MAGiC is to enhance awareness, access and utilisation of key
collections of technical reports (grey literature) for the benefit of the UK
engineering community.

In the UK, collections of engineering technical reports tend to be scattered
across academia, government and industry. One of the early key tasks of
MAGiC is to map the locations of these collections. To accomplish this we
need your help.

If you know about a UK collection of engineering technical reports, please
*tell us about it* by taking part in our survey at
http://www.magic.ac.uk/collection.html.

Other tasks we are undertaking, in the early stages of the project, are an
assessment of the use and value of engineering grey literature, and
development of a collection analysis methodology to enable libraries and
archives to identify the most important documents within a collection to
prioritise material for digitisation.

For further information about the aims and objectives of MAGiC, please visit
our web pages. We welcome feedback from all interested parties.

Thank you.

Regards
Paul A S Needham

MAGiC Research Assistant
http://www.magic.ac.uk/

MAGiC is funded jointly by the British Library's Co-operation and
Partnership Fund and the (JISC) Research Support Libraries Programme.