Following Richards comments on his visitor numbers, I have finished my March
Statistics, and yes, it was our busiest month ever at 1546 visitors over 18
days opening. This is 82 more thasn our previous highest month which was
March last year. So the apparent trend continues.

It is important (before we get too carried away with this number crunching)
to remember that there are different numbers of opening days in each year
for the comparable months. So while our total visits foir March this year
were 82 bodies up, our daily average of visits actually dropped from 86 per
day to 85.88 over the month!

So beware - work on the figures long enough and they will confess to
anything!

Bruce Jackson
Lancashire Record Office