Dear List Members:

I am working on an on-line exhibit of fire fighting apparatus in the early
part of the 20th century and am unable to find any sources on a company
operating out of the UK called Merryweather and Sons.

The company appears to have been based in London; the addresses given on its
letterhead are "Greenwich Road, S.E." and "63, Long Acre, W.C.". Company
literature claims that it had been in existence for 200 years and been
making fire apparatus for over a century.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could tell me a bit more about
this company, the people that owned it, when it was first incorporated, what
it made before it made fire trucks and what eventually happened to it.

Thanking you for your consideration, I am,

	Jeff O'Brien
	City of Saskatoon Archivist

J. Jeffrey O'Brien, City Archivist
City of  Saskatoon Archives