Many colleagues will be aware that a merger of the Cheshire County and
Chester City archive services has been under discussion for some time.

I am pleased to announce that the Cheshire and Chester Archives and
Local Studies service will open its doors to the public at 9.15 on
Monday 3 April, when we will resume a normal pattern of opening after
the disruption of the last 4 months. While we will continue to use
storage space at the Town Hall, the only public service point will be
the Cheshire Record Office in Duke Street, Chester, where facilities
have been extended and improved.

Further details are available on our website (
hhtp://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recoff/home.htm ). I would be grateful if
colleagues would bring this news to the attention of searchers.

Jonathan Pepler
County Archivist
Cheshire County Council