Not a matter of burning professional interest, I'm afraid -
I am just passing on a message from my Library colleagues.

As part of its acquisitions policy, the Library here aims
to buy a copy of every UK-published history of a school,
university or other educational institution. Colleagues are
finding it difficult to keep on top of this task,
particularly with relation to locally or privately
published histories (especially in view of the number of
local studies done as part of millennium-related projects).
This is really a plea for help. If you know of any
histories which might have slipped through the net, we
would be very grateful to have them brought to our
attention. You can either e-mail me off-list and I'll pass
the information on, or add me to any mailing lists you have
for advertising local record office/society publications.
The same goes for any other local education-related
publications. The Library's acquisitions policy is to buy
at least one copy of every book related in any way to the
field of education which is published in the UK - it is
what makes the collection a unique and valuable research
resource.

Thanks for your help and best wishes,
Jenny.
Jennifer Haynes