Hello colleagues in UK.

I want to ask if anyone can solve a bit a mystery for us at the Reykjavik
City Archives.

We are preparing exhibition related to Christmas, mostly with old Christmas
cards and essays written by children about what they did during Christmas
vacation.  But we also have some official documents from the city.  One
folder from the mayors office is marked "Christmas" in Icelandic.  In it is
the following telegram sent from the mayors office in Reykjavik:

"Telegram to Hanleystaffs (Stokeontrent) from Reykjavik, 4/11 1938.  Please
send the following wire to Hope Lewiss, Hanleystaffs, England.  Leaving
Iceland by aeroplane saturday arrive meir aerodrome 10.20 Lewiss 11 oclock
tell all boys and girls to meet me. Father Christmas."

We don't find any documents around this telegram.  It is a mystery to us,
why the City of Reykjavik is sending Father Christmas to England.  Had
there been a disaster in the area at this time?  We could like to hear all
theories.

Thank you in advance,

Svanhildur Bogadottir
City archivist