In common with many archives, The National Archives of Scotland has a
backlog of records awaiting cataloguing.  I have been asked to assemble a
set of criteria that could be used to assess our backlog.  It is hoped that
these in turn might lead us to the establishment of a set of priorities for
future listing work.

Have any other archives undertaken investigations of this sort that might
provide lessons for our own project?

David J Brown
National Archives of Scotland
H M General Register House
Edinburgh
EH1 3YY

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp