I am seeking some help and advice with cataloguing the poster collection at The
Post Office, Heritage Services.  The collection consists of some 5000-6000 items
and is constantly growing as new posters are produced.  The posters date from
around 1935 and were produced by different departments or business units within
The Post Office.

We want to produce an Access database and a catalogue that are ISAD(G) and
PROCAT compliant and that at some point in the future can be exported to
CALM2000.  This is where I am having problems because I want to include more
information than I can see how to fit into ISAD(G).  For instance, there is only
one field for creator but I want to record the artist, printer and creating
department.  However, I do not want to start creating extra fields that do not
map to the standards.

If anyone has catalogued anything like posters, maps, artwork etc. to ISAD(G)
standard (or has any ideas about how to do so) I would be very interested to
hear from you.

Thanks,

Samantha

Heritage Assistant
Services Group
Communications Services

Heritage Services, Freeling House, Phoenix Place, LONDON, WC1X 0DL

Postline: 5469 2570, STD Phone: 020 7239 2570, Fax: 020 7239 2576
External eMail: [log in to unmask]