My colleague Jenny Mountain and I completed the MA Archives and Records
Management course at University College London this summer.  We work for
Heritage Services (basically the archive) at the Post Office as Heritage
Assistants and are currently on fixed-term contracts.  Jenny and I are keen to
start the process of becoming registered members of the Society of Archivists
because a great deal of the work we do could be used to gain credits towards
this.  However, none of our colleagues are registered members and consequently
we are having difficulty finding a referee.  As we need a referee before we can
apply for enrolment on the registration scheme this is delaying our progress.

Basically, we want to know if there is anyone out there who can help us by
acting as our referee.  It is proving very hard to get in touch with registered
members who are in a position to do this.

With thanks,

Samantha Searle

Heritage Assistant
Services Group
Communications Services

Heritage Services, Freeling House, Phoenix Place, LONDON, WC1X 0DL

Postline: 5469 2570, STD Phone: 020 7239 2570, Fax: 020 7239 2576
External eMail: [log in to unmask]