I have to order a second map cabinet for my Archives and have been asked by
management to consider a verticle hanging storage cabinet as we have
absolutely no room in our repository/office area for a second horizontal
storage cabinet.  I am prepared to do this, despite having had drummed into
me for years the desirability of horizontal storage for absolutely
everything, provided I don't hear to the contrary from those in the know
i.e. anyone on mailbase.

What does everyone think? I'm quite happy to hear that such storage is not
advisable, as it would strengthen my case for more repository space!

Clare Cowling
Archivist, Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologist