At Amnesty International we are looking into the possibility of merging our
"Information Resources Program" (library, audiovisual resources, archives
and records management) with our "Information Technology Program" (systems,
databases, telecoms and office automation).  Is there anyone out there who
has experience of merging these functions (or similar), or who works in a
combined department, who could give some pointers as to the advantages and
disadvantages of working in a merged or combined department, are there
other models which work (for instance where does website development and
e-publishing fit in?)

Any replies will be gratefully received and will be used internally to help
a small working group collect information which will assist our Senior
Managers in making a proposal.

Plese reply off-list

Regards
Chris Catton