Having got back to my desk (I was in the searchroom when I
sent my original reply) and checked the details the JISC
report, it actually says:
'Records generated by some types of research will need to
be retained in accordance with specific legal provisions
which apply to the type of research involved.
Scientific research may be subject to the Good Laboratory
Practice (GLP) Regulations. Scientific research involving
clinical work on humans is subject to the Good Clinical
Practice (GCP) Regulations.
Primary data generated by non-scientific projects should be
retained for a minimum of 5 years after completion of the
project concerned.'
Jenny.

Jennifer Haynes
Archivist