Gillian,

The PRO website has a fair amount of information on electronic records. They
have written 2 reports, one dealing with principles, the other with
procedures relating to electronic records. You can get them from their
website: http://www.pro.gov.uk/recordsmanagement/eros/default.htm
Other good sites are the national archives of Australia which includes web
sites advice:
http://www.naa.gov.au/recordkeeping/er/summary.html
and Canada, which has written very good guidelines on email preservation:
http://www.imforumgi.gc.ca/products_e.html#1

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Rachael Maguire

the system manager at [log in to unmask]