Dear all,

As promised, here are further details regarding the above workshop, which
will be held on Friday 19th May, in room GP6A, on floor 6 of the Central
Library in Birmingham. The workshop will be led by the Society's Training
Officer, Susan Bradshaw.

Programme:

13.15-13.30 Arrival and tea/coffee

13.30-14.00 Overview of the SoA Registration Scheme
* The new binder
* Role of the candidate
* Role of the referee
* Personal action plans

14.00-15.00 Getting to grips with the four areas of development
Group work

15.00-15.30 View of the binders from some of the successful candidates

15.30-16.15 Frequently asked questions, discussion and tea

16.15 CLOSE

So far, interested parties who have contacted me and are booked to attend
are:

Peter Evans - Wolverhampton Archives
Val King - Resource
Katy Green - BP Archives
Sarah Davis - Shropshire
Mary McKenzie - Shropshire
Gillian Roberts - Birmingham City Archive
David Bishop - Birmingham City Archive
2 representatives from Worcs. RO (to be confirmed)

As we are still under-booked, I would like to open up the workshop to
members of neighbouring regions who might be interested. I would like to
stress that the afternoon is designed not just for registration candidates,
but also their referees. The workshop would also be useful to those who are
thinking about joining the Registration scheme, and would allow them to find
out more before taking the plunge.

There is as yet no charge for the workshop itself, although there may be a
nominal charge of a couple of pounds on the day to cover the cost of tea and
coffee (depending on whether I can get in touch with the Library's Catering
Corps...)

Anyone else who is interested in attending, please e-mail me at this
address, or phone/write to the address below.

I look forward to hearing from you all,

David Bishop
Archivist
Birmingham City Archive