Dear Allstat

I have been asked to forward this great opportunity to the list

Phil.

IF YOUR UNIVERSITY IS INTERESTED IN THE POSITION BELOW PLEASE CONTACT
MARTIN MACE, 01753-801813
THANKYOU

(Apologies for cross posting)

Please find attached the job specification for the industrial placement
at Harte-Hanks for the year 2001/2002.  The closing date for
applications is the 22nd December 2000 and the interviews are scheduled
to take place around the third week of February 2001 and notification to
the successful candidate by the first week in March.  Please do not
hesitate to contact me on the number below if you have any questions
regarding the placement or the application process.  Please note we
would like a letter of application to support every C.V. received.

Outstanding opportunity in marketing research

Harte-Hanks is a leading global provider of marketing research and
telephone marketing services to the IT, telecommunications and financial
services sectors.  The company has a dynamic, challenging culture and
the opportunities for advancement are outstanding.  We are seeking a
placement student for the period of a year with a good understanding of
statistics.  The successful candidate will gain valuable experience of
the entire research process including:

Attending client meetings
Designing questionnaires
Briefing telephone interviewers
Designing our statistical package
Back coding of questionnaires and production of computer tables
Analysis of data
Writing PowerPoint style reports
Presenting results to clients

Good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and Word is essential as is
a working knowledge of SPSS.  Excellent written, verbal e.g.
communication skills and attention to detail are paramount. The
successful candidate will be confident and be able to work well as part
of a busy team as well as an individual basis.

Starting salary of £13,000 with regular reviews

Send your CV and letter of application, quoting reference number to
Martin Mace, Harte-Hanks, 9 Albert Street, Slough, Berks, SL1 2BH or see
our web site on http://www.hitechmarketing.co.uk/
<http://www.hitechmarketing.co.uk/>

Harte-Hanks recently acquired Hi-Tech Marketing

REF:	MRP 02

Closing Date: 22nd December 2000

Regards

Martin Mace