This message has been sent to all known participants in our
conference but we are still welcoming new registrations!

                          TIES/SPRUCE 2000

 This meeting, to be held at the University of Sheffield from 4-8 September 2000, will begin at 18:00 on Monday 4
September at Halifax Hall of Residence with a reception. Registration will also begin then. (Note that the venue of this
reception has been changed from that originally on the website. Link buttons on the website show the location of Halifax
Hall in Endcliffe Vale Road, which can be reached by taking the number 60 bus along Fulwood Road.)

 The programme is now on the website:
http://www.shef.ac.uk/ties-spruce2000/

 The opening ceremony at 9:00 on Tuesday 5 September, and all the plenary lectures, will be held in the Students Union
Auditorium. All the other lectures will be held in two parallel sessions in Lecture Theatres 6 and 9 on the Lower Ground
Floor of the Arts Tower. This is a short walk (less than 5 minutes) from the Students Union. Plenary Lectures will last for
40 minutes and the contributed lectures will last for 20 minutes (including time for questions in both cases). There will be
a registration desk open throughout the meeting from 8:30 on Tuesday 5 September; this will be in the Foyer also on the
Lower Ground Floor of the Arts Tower.

 Tea and coffee breaks will be held in the Arts Tower Foyer, and exhibitions will also be there and, probably, in Lecture
Theatres 5 and 8 as well.

 Posters will be displayed in Lecture Theatre 8. We invite authors to put them up before the Tea/Coffee break at 15:45
on Tuesday afternoon, and leave them up for as long as they wish. For each poster, the space available is approximately
90cm wide and 120cm high (3ft x 4ft).

 A list of posters will be placed on the website in the next few days.

 We look forward to welcoming you all to Sheffield.

 P.S. Some presenters of papers have still not registered!