Dear allstat members,

To produce an audit from data management point of view, 10% of sample (n )
is taken from the dataset and expect an error rate of 1%.
If we have say 200 patients , we select 20 patients , if we have 10000
patients we select 1000 patients for the audit and still expect 1% error
rate.

eg 1% error rate=error in data/number of patients

Is there any method/way of determining the cut off value for number of
patients required  and still obtain an error rate of 1%.
Please send response to me directly. I'll also welcome any references on the
subject.

Regards,

George