As Statistica has some nice features and graphics capabilities (and I
believe the latest version of Statistica is about to be released, which
includes a nice VB interface) I'm thinking of switching to this software.
Although I'm aware it will not have the functionality of S+, SAS etc, I am
concerned it may lack the programming flexibility of these packages. I'm
particularly interested in constructing finite mixture models such as zero
inflated Poisson and INAR Poisson with longitudinal count data.
How easy is this in Statistica? Do I have to program? If so, what algorithms
are available for maximizing likelihoods (eg EM) ? Has anyone used
Statistica in anger, or any general comments/suggestions to make?

Many Thanks

Dave Yearling

Advanced Communication Research
PP 13 Main Lab Block