Hello,

The statistics group at Cereon Genomics is rapidly expanding.
We currently seek at least 4-5 enthusiastic and talented statisticians
to join us in working in the areas detailed below.

Cheers,
Scott

================================
Scott D. Chasalow
Statistician
Cereon Genomics
45 Sidney Street
Cambridge, MA 02139

Voice: +1 617 551 8116
Fax:   +1 617 551 1920
Email: [log in to unmask]
================================

Cereon Genomics is an agricultural biotechnology company formed in
November 1997 through a collaboration between Millennium Pharmaceuticals
and the Monsanto Company.  Cereon's goal is to develop and apply
genomics to agricultural problems, and thereby improve the quality and
quantity of the world's food supply.  Cereon provides exciting
opportunities to apply statistical expertise to the pursuit of
important biological questions.

Position: Statistical Geneticist - Ph.D. (Job code 7400-13ALL2)

Requirements:

* Ph.D. in Statistics or Biostatistics
* Solid grounding in statistical theory
* Experience in applying statistical methods to problems in genetics
* Post-Ph.D. experience and expertise in QTL analysis are preferred
* Understanding of biology, especially genetics

Skills:

* Solid understanding of statistical theory and the art of data
analysis.  Knowledge of Bayesian and computationally-intensive methods
a plus.
* Experienced in applying statistical methods to problems in human,
animal, or plant genetics.
* Strong statistical computing skills.  Familiarity with S-PLUS and
C/C++ programming a plus.
* Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
* Critical thinking, adaptable, and works well as part of an
interdisciplinary research team.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.

Responsibilities:

* QTL analyses and other statistical problems in genomics and plant
breeding.
* Projects require the development and application of innovative
methods for data analysis and visualization.
* Apply and modify statistical methods for QTL mapping.
* Develop breeding designs.

Position: Statistician, Genetics - Master's level (Job code 7100-14ALL2)

Requirements:

* Master's degree in Statistics or Biostatistics.
* Experience in computer programming and use of software packages (such
as Splus and SAS) for data management and statistical analysis is
required.
* Background in genetics or other area of biology is desirable.

Skills:

* Experience in statistical analysis, data management, and computer
programming
* Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
* Flexible and can work well as part of an interdisciplinary research
team
* Excellent written and oral communication skills

Responsibilities:

You will work closely with senior statisticians to support genetic
mapping and QTL studies by:

* Developing, maintaining, and documenting computer programs for data
management, analysis and visualization
* Cleaning and managing large datasets
* Assisting scientists with data exploration and interpretation, and
report generation
* Working closely with our informatics group to deploy analysis and
visualization applications.

Position: Statistician, Functional Genomics - Master's or Ph.D level.
(Job code 7400-15ALL2)

Requirements:

* Master's with post-degree experience or a recent Ph.D. degree in
Statistics or Biostatistics.
* Experience in computer programming and use of software packages (such
as Splus and SAS) for data management and statistical analysis is
required.
* Background in genetics, physiology, biochemistry, or another area of
biology is desirable.

Skills:

* Experience in statistical analysis, data management, and computer
programming
* Experience in multivariate statistics desired
* Expertise in experimental design
* Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
* Flexible and can work well as part of an interdisciplinary research
team
* Excellent written and oral communication skills

Responsibilities:

Support large-scale forward and reverse genetic approaches to studying
gene function by:

* Consulting for laboratory scientists on experimental design, and
assay design and validation
* Developing creative approaches to analyzing, summarizing and
visualizing large data sets to explore patterns and relationships
* Developing and maintaining computer programs for data analysis and
visualization
* Assisting plant molecular biologists, biochemists and physiologists
in exploring and interpreting data
* Working closely with our informatics group to develop database systems
for raw data and analysis results, and to deploy analysis and
visualization applications

You will work closely with senior statisticians to formulate innovative
approaches to these problems.

Positions: Statistician, Bioinformatician, or Computational Scientist,
Transcriptional Profiling (Job code 7200-16ALL2)

Responsibilities:

Analyze large volumes of TxP data using computational approaches.
This is a team responsible for high throughput analysis of gene
expression data and developing data analysis and visualization methods.

Requirements:

* Master's or Ph.D. in Biology, a physical science, Statistics, or a
related field with relevant experience

Skills:

* Strong analytical skills with an understanding of statistics
* Strong computer skills with programming experience (Perl, C, SAS,
Splus, Java)
* Database experience (relational, SQL) is highly desirable.
* Strong organizational skills
* Exhibit creativity and initiative
* Flexible and can work well as part of an interdisciplinary research
team
* Excellent written and oral communication skills

Remuneration:

Cereon offers a highly competitive salary, and an excellent benefits
package, including:
* Three weeks vacation plus 17 holidays per year
* Medical and Dental insurance plans
* Group life insurance
* Transportation benefit
* Savings and investment (401K) plan with company match
* Annual cash and long term stock option incentives.

Work Environment:

Cereon is located in a very stimulating environment.  We are in the
same building as Millennium Pharmaceuticals, and are very close to MIT.
We have a close relationship with the Whitehead/MIT Center for Genome
Research.  Eric Lander is on our scientific advisory board, as is
Steven Tanksley.  We have a very strong bioinformatics group under the
leadership of Stan Letovsky (formerly of GDB).  We also have a close
relationship with Monsanto's molecular breeding groups in St. Louis and
Iowa, and other Monsanto sites worldwide.

Contacts:

For more information about Cereon, see our website, www.cereon.com.

Send resumes with cover letter, indicating job code, to:
Attn: Recruiter
Cereon Genomics, LLC
45 Sidney Street
Cambridge, MA 02139