Hi,

I've been asked to forward this to the list.

Regards,
John

John D. McClure
Department of Statistics                 Phone : +44 (0)141 330 6118
University of Glasgow                    Fax   : +44 (0)141 330 4814
[log in to unmask]    http://www.stats.gla.ac.uk/allstat

What makes
Amgen different?
Amgen is a particularly singular company.
So, what makes us stand out from the crowd?  Well, despite being the world's
largest independent biotech company, we have never lost sight of how
important individual contribution is to serious science.
And, in a vibrant and creative environment, talented teams are encouraged to
use their initiative and share the passion they have for their work, which
is why here you'll find a real emphasis on science, excellence and the
brightest of ideas.
At Amgen, Statistics is a high profile and highly regarded function playing
a critical role in the success of clinical trials focused on cutting-edge
clinical research. It's also an integral part of our global product
development process and is applied through representatives on each project
team. To join us in the following Statistics based
roles, we are now looking for individuals who will thrive in our
science-based, collaborative environment.

Project Statistician
Competitive salary plus stock options and benefits         Cambridge

For an ambitious professional like you, this role will offer a great deal of
variety and the challenge to provide strong statistical leadership across a
range of complex international projects.
>From inception to completion, you'll enjoy full involvement in clinical
programmes as part of our large and growing department. Here, your 4-7
years' experience will be fully valued - especially as it's seen you gain
outstanding negotiation, influencing and leadership skills, as well as a
full understanding of applying statistical methods in clinical trials or
related areas. Of equal importance will be your ability to communicate
complex ideas and findings in a clear and understandable way to a
non-statistical audience.

Associate Manager
(Statistics) - Job Share
Excellent benefits and environment                              Cambridge

At Amgen, you'll find a job-share role with us offers all the challenge,
stimulation and involvement of a full-time career. And this role is no
exception.
We will look to you to deal with all aspects of the statistical activities
of clinical trials, as well as participating in process improvement
initiatives. Working within multi-disciplinary teams, you will liaise with
internal departments locally and internationally, as well as with CROs.  In
addition, you may also be involved in training other team members. All this
in 30 hours a week or less.
Along with a good degree or higher level qualification in a Statistics
related discipline, you have at least 5 years' experience of statistics in
the pharmaceutical industry or a similar field. Not least, you combine good
computer literacy with first rate communication skills and the personal
qualities to impress and influence at all levels throughout the
organisation.
In return for your contribution in either of the above roles, there will be
enormous scope for personal development and generous benefits.
For full details about the opportunities available call 01223 436278 and
speak to one of our statisticians. To apply send your CV and covering letter
to the Human Resources Department, Amgen Ltd., 240 Cambridge Science Park,
Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WD. Alternatively, you can e-mail us at